CARE Ambulance Service – Medic-CE Getting Started Guide
CARE Ambulance has selected Medic-CE as its new online EMS CE provider. Medic-CE offers us an enhanced feature set through an easy-to-use website. In short, Medic-CE will allow you to:
-Complete NREMT distributed online CE towards part of your NREMT recert requirements
-Track all CE you complete outside of Medic-CE using their External Training Record feature.
-Keep track and receive automatic expiration reminders for card course certifications (such as CPR, ACLS, PALS, etc).
-Take in-house courses that your CARE Ambulance educators post to the site.
Here is how to get started:
1) Click on the link below:
2) When you get to care.medic-ce.com, click on the green Register button
3) Enter the information requested on the registration page. You can add both your state and national license at the bottom of the registration page. Once you have filled out the required information, click on the “sign up” button.
4) Now, you can sign in. If you just registered, you will be taken straight to the sign in page. If you are returning to the site at later time, you can find the sign in button on the home page at the top of the page.
5) To sign in, enter the email address and password that you used on the registration page.
6) Once signed in, you will see the screen below
7) The next step you will need to do is click on the “Add Subscriptions” link in the top right hand corner, next to where it says “signed in as _____”.
8) The next page you will see is the add subscriptions page, as pictured below:
To add credits to your account, you will need to type in the following code into the “Enter Subscription Code” text box, exactly as it appears below:
****Be sure there are no spaces before or after the code when you enter it. Also, you will need to be sure to include the four letters, hyphen “-“, and 10 digits.
Click the “add” button after you have entered the code.
9) After clicking add, you will be taken to the “My Subscriptions” status screen.
You will now need to wait for a CARE Ambulance Medic-CE Admin to approve your subscription request BEFORE you can start taking courses. Note that the status says “pending.”
***Do NOT re-enter the code, simply wait for a coordinator to approve your request. If you need your request approved more quickly, please contact the following CARE Ambulance Medic-CE Administrator.
Gerry Melendrez 714-288-3930